What Does The Cdc Recommend For People Who Have Been Fully Vaccinated
On May 13, the CDC updated its guidance for fully vaccinated people including new guidance that fully vaccinated people no longer need to wear a mask or physically distance in any setting, except where required by federal, state, local, tribal, or territorial laws, rules, and regulations, including local business and workplace guidance. Read the full guidance.
How Much Will It Cost To Get Vaccinated
Vaccine doses purchased with U.S. taxpayer dollars will be given to the American people at no cost. However, vaccination providers may be able to charge administration fees for giving the shot. Vaccination providers can get this fee reimbursed by the patientâs public or private insurance company or, for uninsured patients, by the Health Resources and Services Administrationâs Provider Relief Fundexternal icon
Is Minuteclinic Offering The Covid
Beginning June 18, customers and patients 18 years of age and older will also be able to receive the COVID-19 vaccine at select MinuteClinic locations in 14 states and Washington, DC. These new locations are in addition to the more than 9,600 CVS Pharmacy locations that are offering the vaccine across all 50 states.
For a list of eligible MinuteClinic locations, .
Also Check: Did Hank Aaron Get Covid Vaccine
Industry Grappling With Delta Variant
The New Orleans Jazz Fest canceled its 2021 edition, and touring musicians like Oklahoma superstar Garth Brooks, Stevie Nicks and Limp Bizkit have scrapped shows, including the latter’s planned Labor Day weekend performance at Rocklahoma.;
With COVID cases primarily rising among the unvaccinated, concert promotion giants Live Nation and AEG, major festivals like Bonnaroo and Lollapalooza and a growing roster of music stars have announced plans to require proof of vaccination or a negative coronavirus test to attend their events.
After canceling some dates, Michael Buble, who has a long-delayed OKC concert slated for Sept. 19 at the Paycom Center , announced a vaccination rule for his upcoming events Aug. 26. And Dave Matthews Band, booked to perform Oct. 15-16 at Choctaw Casino & Resort in Durant, declared on Aug. 12 that ticketholders for all announced dates must provide proof of full vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test taken within 48 hours prior to entry.
Tyler said a growing number of acts are instituting the requirements at their performances.
“Considering the vast majority of everybody was going towards this model, we just thought it would be easier to get this out there, get it in front of and message it , answer the questions and move forward with a consistent structure,” Tyler said.
Majority Of Oklahomans Believe Vaccines Are Safe And Effective; Plan To Receive Covid
OKLAHOMA CITY ;Most Oklahomans believe vaccines are safe and effective, and plan to get the COVID-19 vaccine, according to a recent statewide survey conducted by Amber Integrated.
Approximately 78% of Oklahomans believe that vaccines, generally speaking, are safe and effective. A majority of Oklahomans, 65%, intend to get the COVID-19 vaccine when it is available to them.
The survey was conducted by Amber Integrated from December 4-9 and included a pool of 1,500 adults from cities and towns all across Oklahoma.
Were pleased to see the results of this survey indicate most Oklahomans are confident in the safety of vaccines as are we, said Commissioner of Health Dr. Lance Frye. The COVID-19 vaccines available to Oklahomans have been carefully vetted by the FDA and have gone through all the typical regulatory processes to ensure theyre just as safe as any other vaccine. Theyre outstandingly effective. Were very optimistic for how these vaccines will work to protect Oklahomans.
The 13-point discrepancy between those who generally believe vaccines are safe and effective and those who plan to get the COVID-19 vaccine is largely driven by younger Oklahomans and women who are seeking more information on the COVID-19 vaccine before taking it. Seventy-four percent of residents cite the potential side effects as a major reason not to take the vaccine, while 63% cite wanting more information about how well it works as a major reason not to take it.
Don’t Miss: How Long Does It Take For Cvs Covid Test Results
Who Can Receive The Vaccine Currently
Anyone age 12 and older can schedule an appointment for the COVID-19 vaccine. Ages 12-17 are only eligible for the Pfizer vaccine at this time. Pfizer and Moderna vaccines require two doses initially, and a 3rd dose is recommended for certain groups. More details below. Johnson and Johnson is currently one dose only.
- If you are a parent accompanying a minor to their appointment , it is helpful to bring their school photo ID, a birth certificate, or a social security card if they do not have a driver’s license/permit.
Will The Vaccine Have Any Side Effects For Breastfeeding Mothers Or Pregnant Women
- COVID-19 vaccination is recommended for all people aged 12 years and older, including people who are pregnant, breastfeeding, trying to get pregnant now, or might become pregnant in the future.
- Pregnant and recently pregnant people are more likely to get severely ill with COVID-19 compared with non-pregnant people. Getting a COVID-19 vaccine can protect you from severe illness from COVID-19.
- Evidence about the safety and effectiveness of COVID-19 vaccination during pregnancy has been growing. These data suggest that the benefits of receiving a COVID-19 vaccine outweigh any known or potential risks of vaccination during pregnancy.
- There is currently no evidence that any vaccines, including COVID-19 vaccines, cause fertility problems in women or men.;
Don’t Miss: How Long Cvs Covid Test Results
Preserving Capacity Is Key
Although cutting crowd capacity to allow for social distancing was an acceptable short-term measure prior to the vaccine rollout, Tyler said live entertainment venues, tours and presenters must be able to be operate at full capacity to stay in business.;
On Aug. 19, Tower Theatre and Ponyboy management announced that all guests would be required to provide proof of vaccination a physical card or photo of a vaccination card, along with photo ID or proof of negative COVID test results from within 72 hours of an event to enter the venues.
‘Barely hanging on’:An Oklahoma City ICU nurse on the exhaustion of another COVID surge
Plus, all children younger than 12 who are not yet approved for the COVID vaccine will be required to wear a mask at all times. The rules go into effect Sept. 8.;
Since the pandemic has become so politicized, Tyler said venue staffers braced themselves for a barrage of negative reactions;when revealing the new rules.;
“Not surprising, we got a bunch of comments. But generally speaking, we felt especially early on the response was overwhelmingly positive ; or that the positive voices in the response;were willing to come and fight the negativity for us,” he said.;
“We ran a very, very, very preliminary report over the first weekend and anecdotally, it was pretty much 2 to 1 on sales vs. refunds”;
#ouvaccinates Employee Appreciation And Incentive Program
OU is offering cash and prizes to encourage employees to get vaccinated against COVID-19, and to thank employees who have already been vaccinated.
Who Is Eligible?
- OU Norman full-time and part-time employees who have had at least one dose of a;WHO-approved COVID-19 vaccine;at the time of entry.
- OU Norman full-time and part-time employees who have submitted a;;for a medical or religious reason.
How to Enter:
- One entry per employee.
Eligible OU Norman employees who complete the survey will be entered into weekly drawings for prizes, including cash and various tech items.
Where to Get Vaccinated:
COVID-19 vaccinations are readily available in most communities, including on the OU Norman campus through OU Health Services at Goddard Health Center. You can learn more about vaccination locations here.
- Your personal vaccination information will not be shared.
- Recipients of weekly prize drawings will be notified via their OU email.
- Winners of weekly prize drawings will be randomly selected and must follow proof of being fully vaccinated or have a declination form submitted by October 29, 2021, to collect their prize.
- Eligible participants cannot win more than one OU vaccine appreciation and incentive prize.
- Cash prizes will be paid via the payroll system and are subject to any required taxes per IRS regulations.;
Read Also: Did Hank Aaron Get Covid Vaccine
Was The Vaccine Rushed
- No, the vaccine went through all the usual FDA-required assessments and regulatory processes.
- With scientists and manufacturers around the world all focusing on combating COVID-19, parts of the vaccine production and manufacturing process were run concurrently.
- As of August 23, 2021, the;FDA has granted full approval to Pfizer’s mRNA COVID-19 vaccine;for use in the United States for individuals 16 years of age and older. The Pfizer vaccine is still under Emergency Use Authorization for individuals 12-15 years of age.
- The FDA emergency authorized COVID-19 vaccines are as safe and effective as any other FDA-approved vaccine.
Who Qualifies For An Additional Dose
On August 12, the FDA authorized an additional vaccine dose for certain immunocompromised individuals as part of its Emergency Use Authorization amendment. The amendment applies to the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine for patients 12 years and older and the Moderna COVID-19 vaccine for patients 18 years and older. Due to insufficient data, the EUA amendment for an additional dose does not apply to the Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine or to individuals who received the Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine as a primary series. The CDC and FDA are actively engaged to ensure that immunocompromised individuals who received the Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine have optimal vaccine protection and we expect to hear more guidance in the near future.
For more clinical information on this topic, please visit the CDC Resource Center.
Also Check: How Fast Are Cvs Covid Tests
Why Are Pregnant People More At Risk For Covid
When someone is pregnant, they’re in a state of “relative immunosuppression,” Bryant said. Other;changes in the body also play a role; like how the diaphragm, the muscle that helps us breathe, is pushed up as the uterus grows, she said.
“So our lung volumes actually go down a little bit, and pregnant women will naturally note a little bit of shortness of breath, which is very normal in pregnancy, and higher respiration rate,” Bryant said.;
That means pregnant women have less “reserves” their bodies can’t compensate as long for any difficulty breathing.;COVID-19 can attack the lungs, making breathing difficult.
The heart can also be under more strain when pregnant, Bryant said.;
“Those are just a few of the reasons that it puts you at increased risk,” she said.
Benefits Of The Covid
You May Like: How Long Cvs Covid Test Results
How Can I Obtain Proof Of My Covid
There are a few ways you can obtain proof of COVID-19 vaccination:
- Go to the Oklahoma OSIIS public health portal:
- Note: Records will be listed under the phone number and email provided at the time you received the COVID-19 vaccine.
- Email if you have questions or need assistance.
I Signed Up At Vaccinateoklahomagov But Never Got An Email Confirmation Of Any Kind What Should I Do
Confirmation emails are sent out in batches; users should receive one within 24-48 business hours of registering. Emails are sent out over a span of time in the order in which registrations occurred, the state said. As a result, some emails may be delayed. If you’ve waited at least 48 hours without having gotten a response, it could mean a data-entry error was made by the user during registration.;
State and county health officials also have said most of these issues are resolved when the user checks their junk mail folder for messages flagged as spam.;
Also Check: How Long For Covid Results Cvs
Use This Tool To Try And Find A Pharmacy Appointment
If you decide you want to find an appointment at a local pharmacy , this tool might be able to help.
Rather than searching around on each pharmacy’s website, we’ll automatically scan the pharmacy websites and show you any available appointments we can find on one page.
All supported locations in are scanned on a regular basis and this page is updated with any available appointments in the state. If you don’t see locations near you right now, appointments can come and go quickly so try visiting the page at different times throughout the day.
4/26/2021:Thanks to the developer community, Vaccine Spotter is now available in Spanish! There may still be a few gaps, but most of it should be translated. I’ve also made some other tweaks to hopefully make the site easier to navigate and use.Any feedback is welcome: or . And if you’re a coder and have interest in helping out on GitHub, that would be dandy !
Where Can I Make An Appointment
COVID-19 vaccines are now widely available at many grocery stores, pharmacies, local health departments and other sites. Some doctors offices also stock them, so its worth asking your primary care provider if you can get vaccinated at their facility.;
To search for vaccination sites near you, visit vaccines.gov to filter by zip code. You can also narrow your search only to sites that stock the type of vaccination you want: Pfizer, Moderna or Johnson & Johnson.;
Other options for finding a vaccination appointment include:;
Oklahoma Department of Health: The states vaccination scheduling portal, vaccinate.oklahoma.gov, allows residents to register and find an appointment at one of many locations, including local health departments across the state.
To see a list of available appointments by location, visit this website.;
Oklahoma City-County Health Department: The Health Department updates its website, vaxokc.com, with information about where its offering vaccinations, including some walk-up vaccination opportunities.
Appointments can also be scheduled at these clinic locations over the phone:;
- Northeast Regional Health & Wellness Campus, 2600 NE 63: 405-419-4200
- Southern Oaks Health & Wellness Campus, 6728 S Hudson Ave.: 405-419-4119
- West Health Clinic, 4330 NW 10: 405-419-4150
- First and second doses available at multiple locations.;
- Third doses for immunocompromised people are available on a walk-in basis.;
- Make an appointment online. Walk-ins are also accepted.
#ouvaccinates Student Appreciationand Incentive Program
Welcome to the #OUVaccinates Student Appreciation and Incentive Program. The university wants to thank our students who are already vaccinated, and incentivize students who are still unvaccinated, by offering a range of scholarships and OU Athletics season ticket.
The #OUVaccinates Student Appreciation and Incentive;Program;offers OU-Norman students two ways;to win big while helping slow the spread of COVID-19:
- more chances they;have to;be randomly selected in;#OUVaccinates;drawings,
- more money and prizes available to win, and
- the safer the OU Norman campus and community will be.;
Hosted by the Division of Student Affairs, funding was identified to promote, reward, and incentivize vaccination rates among Norman campus students. The #OUVaccinates Program also offers vaccine clinic events, t-shirts, posters, and buttons to anyone in the campus community.
Scholarships up to $5,000 plus Football/Basketball Season Tickets
Athletics Student Season Tickets Pkg
$1,000 Bursar Scholarship
*Time Period concludes at 12:00 p.m. CST on the Drawing Date. All students registered at or after 12 p.m. CST will be entered in the following drawings.
- Fully or partially vaccinated students
- Complete the;#OUVaccinates;entry form;for;one entry;to win;scholarships of $1,000 up to $5,000 or prizes from OU Athletics.;
Where Can I Get Covid Vaccine In Oklahoma City
The COVID vaccine is currently available to eligible individuals through health clinics, hospitals, health departments, pharmacies, and doctors offices including urgent care centers. COVID vaccine locations in Oklahoma Cityas well as the availability of appointments and doses at each locationare changing daily. Solv, through partnership with vaccingfinder.org and others, is actively maintaining the list of providers above and is refreshing at least daily, so check back frequently. Additionally, check directly with vaccine providers near Oklahoma City as last minute availability for eligible populations sometimes opens up.
Read Also: How Long Cvs Covid Test Results
What Kind Of Side Effects Should People Expect From The Covid
According to the CDC, you may have some side effects following the COVID-19 vaccine, which are normal signs that your body is building protection. Common side effects include pain and swelling on the arm where you got the shot, and fever, chills, tiredness and headache throughout the rest of your body.
Scheduling Your Second Appointment
How do I schedule my second dose appointment?
- Because there are a number of ways that you may have scheduled your first dose, and because individual local providers have different procedures for vaccine appointment follow-up, you may or may not have received specific instructions for scheduling your second dose of the COVID-19 vaccine.
- We encourage all Oklahomans to be their own best patient advocate and to ask during their first dose appointment what the best process is for scheduling the second dose.
- Below, please see solutions for scheduling your second dose appointment, depending on how you scheduled your first:
- Path A: If you received specific instructions from the staff at the time you received your first dose, follow those instructions.
- They may have given you a card or told you to come back at a certain day/time to receive your second dose. This is your appointment.
- You do not need to schedule an appointment, they have already set it for you.
When should I schedule my second dose?
Also Check: How Long Covid Live On Fabric